Wednesday, July 6, 2011

ORD and leg one complete.

I broke down and bought a 24-hour susbscription to Boingo, so I have intenet access for my five-hour layover at O'Hare. Crossing the Dakotas brought some pretty big bumps. I sat amongst a family of seven whose reactions ranged from white-knuckled terror from the mom to blase acknowledgment from the PS2 playing eight-year old. In a month that saw my 5 year old puking on my 11 year old in the back of my small plane on approach to a remote mountain airstrip, I think the pilots appreciate not being able to see the reactions of the passengers.

Women's World Cup (TM) is playing on the TV at the airport lounge. Brazil is kicking the crap out of Equatorial Guinea, and Australia just upset Norway with a goal in the final minutes. The bartender and I discussed our appreciation of the pleasant diversion of live sports at this time of the day. Definitely beats an episode of inside edition or rants on FoxNews.

It's 11:26 in Chicago, although my iPod says it's 23:26 in Kolkata; I better get to sleep soon. Hmmmm, perhaps a nice bloody mary might just do the trick...

mmmm...breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment