Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One more day in the USA.

Final preparations today (whether I remember to do them or not!). I leave tomorrow morning for Mumbai via Chicago and Frankfort. The time change is significant: +11:30 hours. To combat jet-lag, I have set my iPod clock to Mumbai time and I mentally vision myself at that time, despite local evidence to the contrary. My flights get into Franfort at 7am local time, and in Mumbai at 1am local time. My plan is to 'go to sleep' at about 8pm Mumbai time, wherever on the globe I am at the time. That will lead to a rude awakening getting in at 1am, but then I hope to only take a nap at the hotel and wake up bright-eyed and bushy tailed at around 9am Mumbai time. We'll see...

My hotel in Mumbai is the Chateau Windsor in Churchgate, near the more 'touristy' section of the city. I met with my friend Thane, a former Mumbai resident, to help me plan my activities in the short amount of time I have there. I hope to take a tour of Dharavi slum, trek around the town on bicycle, and visit the Sanjay Ghandi National Park, which is virtually within the city proper. I am a little concerned that the time change will impinge on my fun, but after watching a Navy Seal "hell week" show with Cam (my 5-year old), I am inspired to push my mental capacities to the limits. Again, we'll see...

The important stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment