Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Frankfurt Airport

I got in to FRA at 6:55am local time and honestly feel pretty good. I have seen a substantial shift in demographics as I have gone from Bozeman, to O'Hare, to O'Hare International Terminal, and finally to Frankfurt. It is amazing to sit here and hear conversations in at least 11 discernable languages!

I can see why some folks can have some low opinions of my fellow countrymen. The elevator was broken and a group of three ladies (perhaps 50-55) complained vociferously to the security guard manning the bottom of the stairs. "How are we supposed to get to the second floor with all our bags?" I replied over my shoulder, "With your arms and legs." Didn't go over too well. (I should note by 'bags', we were talking about two small roll-behinds and two purses between them. I would have offered to help had they not been so exceedingly rude and demanding of pampering.)

Then there was the decked out tween screaming obscenities at her frazzled mom about not being able to find any good food. An American version of Verucha Salt (from Willie Wonka) came to mind.

I hope to offer a different impression than these parties.

FRA!

No comments:

Post a Comment